The 40V max XGT® Brushless 1-1/8” AVT® Rotary Hammer with interchangeable chuck (GRH02Z, tool only) is a cordless concrete solution designed for heavy-load applications. The quick-change chuck allows the user to switch from SDS-PLUS bits to ½” keyless chuck to utilize straight shank bits.
It delivers the power, speed, and run-time for corded demands, without the cord. XGT technology delivers up to 135 of 3/8” holes per charge when using one 40V max XGT 4.0Ah Battery.
The Makita-built brushless motor delivers a full 2.8 ft. lbs. of impact energy, with 0-980 RPM and 0-5,000 BPM. Constant speed control automatically applies additional power under load for optimum performance.
The GRH02Z features Active Feedback-Sensing Technology (AFT®), which electronically turns off the motor if rotation of bit is suddenly forced to stop, and Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) for reduced vibration. More than just a padded handle, AVT is an internal counterbalance that uses air pressure to move counterweight pistons in the opposite direction of the drive piston to actively reduce vibration. In addition, the vibration-absorbing back handle and side handle further reduce vibration. For added durability in harsh job site conditions, Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance.
Additional performance features include an electric brake, variable speed dial, built-in L.E.D. light, and a retractable tool hook.
The Rotary Hammer has dust extraction capability with an OSHA Table 1 compliant on-board HEPA dust extractor attachment (sold separately).
It is ideal for a range of trades including mechanical/electrical/plumbing contractors, concrete contractors, road and bridge contractors, utility workers, pest control, maintenance operations, and more.
XGT is a system of equipment, tools, batteries and chargers utilizing 40v max lithium-ion batteries. XGT is engineered to deliver high power to take on high-demand applications, allowing users to completely transition to a cordless job site. XGT is equipped with advanced brushless motor engineering, intelligent digital communication, and superior durability features to outpower, outsmart and outlast the rest.
- OUTPOWER: Makita-built brushless motor along with 40V max XGT® battery combine to deliver the power performance required for heavy-load application
- OUTSMART: Constant speed control automatically applies additional power under load for optimum performance
- OUTLAST: Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears during a bind-up situation
- XGT® technology delivers up to 135 of 3/8" holes per charge using full charged 40V XGT® 4.0Ah battery*
- Quick change chuck allows for interchangeability from SDS-PLUS to 1/2" keyless chuck for utilization of straight shank bits
- Active Feedback-Sensing Technology (AFT®) electronically turns off the motor if rotation of bit is suddenly forced to stop
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) is an internal counterbalance system along with vibration-absorbing handles that work together to reduce vibration
- Dust extraction capability with OSHA Table 1 compliant on-board HEPA Dust Extractor or stand-alone AWS® Extractor options
- Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS®) which utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor (AWS® Transmitter sold separately)
- Electric brake allows the tool to be repositioned faster for maximum productivity
- Overload protection is designed to protect the motor from burnout in abnormally high torque situations
- Variable speed dial and trigger enables user to match the speed to the application
- Built-in L.E.D. light with an independent on/off illuminates the work area
- Ergonomic soft-grip handle and large 2-finger trigger provide increased comfort on the job
- 3-mode operation for "Rotation Only", "Hammering with Rotation" or "Hammering Only" for multiple applications
- Retractable tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- The digital communication within XGT® optimizes performance to provide up to 2X longer sustained power under heavy-load applications
- The digital communication within XGT® actively monitors and protects against overload, over-discharge and overheating
- XGT® Tools and Batteries are designed with a multi-layer contact interface for more constant power delivery to take on high-current demands
- XGT® Batteries feature rigid rails with impact-resistant construction to secure the battery to the tool during high-demand applications (batteries not included)
- The XGT® Rapid Charger with dual-fan design circulates air through the battery to cool the battery and circuit board quickly for faster charging (charger not included)
- The XGT® Rapid Charger’s digital display indicates battery charge level (-80%, +80%, 100%)
- The XGT® Rapid Charger’s built-in chip thoroughly communicates during the charging process to control current, voltage, and temperature for more efficient charging
- Compatible with Makita® 40V max XGT® Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- 3-year limited warranty
- *Tested using 5,000 PSI concrete