The 40V max XGT® Brushless 1-9/16” AVT® Rotary Hammer Kit (GRH05M1) is a cordless concrete solution designed for heavy-load applications. It delivers the power, speed, and run-time for corded demands, without the cord.
The GRH05M1 features Active Feedback-Sensing Technology (AFT®), which electronically turns off the motor if rotation of bit is suddenly forced to stop, and Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) for reduced vibration. More than just a padded handle, AVT is an internal counterbalance that uses air pressure to move counterweight pistons in the opposite direction of the drive piston to actively reduce vibration. In addition, the vibration-absorbing back handle and side handle further reduce vibration. For added durability in harsh job site conditions, Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance.
Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS®) uses Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on and power-off communication between the equipped tool and dust extractor. Once connected via AWS, the AWS-equipped dust extractor will automatically power on or off when the AWS-equipped cordless tool starts or stops, running only when the tool is in use. This increases productivity on a single charge and reduces continuous noise at the job or work site.
Constant speed control automatically applies additional power under load for optimum performance. The torque limiting clutch is engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging the gears if the bit binds, and constant speed control automatically adds power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most demanding jobs. Additional performance features include an electric brake, variable speed dial, built-in L.E.D. light, a soft-start to suppress start-up reaction, and Soft No-load function that automatically reduces the speed of the motor when idling.
The Rotary Hammer has dust extraction capability an optional Makita Dust Attachment Kit (sold separately).
It has 2-modes of operation - "Hammering with Rotation" or "Hammering Only". The GRH05M1 is ideal for a range of trades including mechanical/electrical/plumbing contractors, concrete contractors, road and bridge contractors, utility workers, pest control, maintenance operations, and more. It accepts SDS-PLUS bits.
XGT is a system of equipment, tools, batteries and chargers utilizing 40v max lithium-ion batteries. XGT is engineered to deliver high power to take on high-demand applications, allowing users to completely transition to a cordless job site. XGT is equipped with advanced brushless motor engineering, intelligent digital communication, and superior durability features to outpower, outsmart and outlast the rest.
- OUTPOWER: Makita-built brushless motor along with 40V max XGT® battery combine to deliver the power performance required for heavy-load application
- OUTSMART: Auto-start Wireless System (AWS®) utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor (AWS® Transmitter sold separately)
- OUTLAST: Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) is an internal counterbalance system along with vibration-absorbing handles that work together to reduce vibration
- Active Feedback-Sensing Technology (AFT®) electronically turns off the motor if rotation of bit is suddenly forced to stop
- Electric brake allows the tool to be repositioned faster for maximum productivity
- Dust extraction capability with optional Makita Dust Attachment Kit
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power under load for optimum performance
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for improved accuracy
- "Soft no-load" function automatically reduces the speed of the motor when idling to help increase tool life and performance
- Built-in L.E.D. light with an independent on/off switch illuminates the work area
- Variable speed control dial enables the operator to match the speed to the application
- Large Multi-finger power trigger for increased comfort during extended use
- 2-mode operation for "Hammering with Rotation" or "Hammering Only" for increased versatility
- Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears during a bind-up situation
- The digital communication within XGT® optimizes performance to provide up to 2X longer sustained power under heavy-load applications
- The digital communication within XGT® actively monitors and protects against overload, over-discharge and overheating
- XGT® Tools and Batteries are designed with a multi-layer contact interface for more constant power delivery to take on high-current demands
- XGT® Batteries feature rigid rails with impact-resistant construction to secure the battery to the tool during high-demand applications
- The XGT® Rapid Charger with dual-fan design circulates air through the battery to cool the battery and circuit board quickly for faster charging
- The XGT® Rapid Charger’s digital display indicates battery charge level (-80%, +80%, 100%)
- The XGT® Rapid Charger’s built-in chip thoroughly communicates during the charging process to control current, voltage, and temperature for more efficient charging
- 40V max X2 XGT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah Battery (BL1840) reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Compatible with Makita® 40V max XGT® Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger