Makita delivers grinding performance with the 18V LXT® Brushless 4-1/2” / 5” X-LOCK Angle Grinder with AFT®, Tool Only (XAG25Z). The unique feature with this angle grinder is the X-LOCK Technology, which is a quick-change system for tool-free wheel changes. A click-mount and pull release lever make changing wheels easy. It is ideal for grinding and cutting a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, conduit, and more.
The XAG25Z powered by a Makita-built brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life. Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows or the wheel is forced to a stop.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita® 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers 8,500 RPM
- X-LOCK quick change system allows for tool-free wheel changes with simple snap-on mounting and pull release lever for change-out
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Quick guard rotation allows easy tool-less adjustment for increased productivity
- Slide switch with lock-on for operator convenience
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- Weighs only 6.6 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 14-3/4" long
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Battery and charger sold separately
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Only Compatible with X-LOCK Accessories