Trades of all kinds utilize oscillating multi-tools for a range of applications. The 18V LXT® Sub-Compact Brushless Multi-Tool (XMT04ZB, tool only) delivers corded speed and power without the cord. It is ideal for remodelers, carpenters, plumbers, wood floor installers, and general contractors seeking a best-in-class cordless multi-tool.
The multi-tool features variable speed control dial (10,000 – 20,000 OPM) with soft-start so users can match the speed to the application. It’s equipped with Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®), an internal counterbalance system engineered to reduce vibration. It has a 3.6-degree oscillation angle for faster, more aggressive cutting and sanding. The small diameter barrel grip provides improved handling and a large on/off slide switch with lock-on button provides convenience.
The XMT04ZB features the StarlockMax® System, a tool-less clamp system for faster accessory installation. When used with Starlock® Oscillating Multi‑Tool Accessories, this oscillating multi-tool is ideal for cutting, sanding, scraping, grout removal, and many more applications.
The LXT® System is the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita’s purpose-built motors, battery technology, and enhanced communications work together to deliver maximum performance and efficiency. The LXT System offers cordless tools, equipment, and accessories for every trade.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. Look for Makita® 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Makita-built brushless motor with variable speed control dial (10,000-20,000 OPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) for up to 85% reduced vibration*
- Compatible with StarlockMax®, StarlockPlus®, and Starlock® accessories
- 3.6° oscillation angle engineered for faster, more aggressive cutting and sanding
- Large on/off slide switch with lock-on button for operator convenience
- Small diameter barrel grip for improved handling and added operator comfort
- Weighs only 3.7 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- Soft start feature for smooth start-ups
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 12" long
- Ideal for wood flooring, tile, plaster, sheetrock, wood, PVC and a variety of other applications
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Efficient Makita-built brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The Makita-built brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- • Compared to Makita LXT® Multi-Tool model XMT03